Being objective about your own work — or that of your company — is hard to do, even for the most experienced professionals and writers. Sometimes getting a second opinion can be the most valuable addition to your work process. Whether it’s product descriptions, website content, blog posts or business documents, why not consider an experienced beta reader?
What does a business beta reader do?
You may have heard of beta reading for novels, and a business beta reader is much the same thing. Business beta reading involves an experienced business content writer taking a look over your work and leaving comments on both positives and actionable details in your content.
The goal is to determine what is strong about your business content and what could be strengthened or revised to make your business content even stronger before it is published or updated on your website.
Benefits of a business beta reader
- It can give you an experienced second opinion: The right business content writer can take a look at your business content and offer a second opinion that you know comes from a place of experience and professionalism. Having trained eyes on your work can help make it stronger and better overall.
- It’s fast and efficient: Beta reading is both timely and efficient in its delivery as well as the in-depth feedback that is being offered for your document. You can often get feedback within 24 hours if not shorter. This is great for tight deadlines.
- Shares the goal of helping you improve: Both professionals, the beta reader’s goal is to help you improve your content to be the best it can be. The feedback will be detailed, actionable, and positive.
- Can notice details that you miss: When you’ve read your content a thousand times, and you’re coming from an internal perspective, it’s easy to miss details or forget that you haven’t explained a certain aspect. A business beta reader can help point out those small details so that you can make sure they’re fixed.
- It can offer confidence in publishing your business content: After working closely with a beta reader, it can help you feel more confident about your business content so that you can publish it knowing that it is in the best form it can be.
How do you perform your beta reading services?
Beta reading follows a specific format with each project, allowing for specific feedback on your document. The steps are, traditionally, as follows in business beta reading:
- Submit the form: Complete the information in the form, and Kelterss will be in touch directly so that you can securely email the document to her directly.
- Receive the document: Upon receiving the document, Kelterss will carefully read through the entire document and leave targeted, specific feedback using Track Changes.
- Write brief summary of comments: Kelterss will write a brief summary of the main points, both positive and actionable, so that you can have more information on the feedback within the document itself.
- Document submission: Once the feedback and summary are done, the document is emailed to you via your submitted email address for you to look over.
- Clarify any questions or concerns: If you have any questions or concerns on Kelterss’ feedback, you are encouraged to send an email for clarification. Once you are satisfied, the invoice will be sent out.
Beta reading packages
For documents no more than 1 000 words long. Service includes careful reading of the document, appropriate feedback on both positive details as well as points of concern. Also includes a brief summary of main points.
For documents no more than 1 500 words long. Service includes careful reading of the document, appropriate feedback on both positive details as well as points of concern. Also includes a brief summary of main points.
For documents no more than 2 000 words long. Service includes careful reading of the document, appropriate feedback on both positive details as well as points of concern. Also includes a brief summary of main points.
Some details to remember
- Be respectful of length: If you submit a document longer than the allotted length, only the paid-for length will be read.
- Feedback is subjective: It’s possible that you may not like all of the comments or suggestions made during the beta reading process. Feedback is always subjective. Please keep your comments respectful and professional.
- Beta reading is for feedback only: The goal of beta-reading is to assess your business content as a whole and make suggestions. No direct changes (ex: corrections) will be made to your content.
- Business content only: Please note that, under no circumstances, will feedback be offered on any work not related to business. This includes (but is not limited to) academic work, scholarship essays and admission assignments.
- Have questions? Ask!: The goal is to help your business content get stronger. If you need clarification or have questions on the feedback received, don’t hesitate to ask for more information when you need it.
The price for beta reading is arranged per package. The rates ate $10, $15, and $20, respectively. All prices are in USD!